Elk antler, is rich with vital components and nutrients. This antler is a renewable resource, which we safely and humanly remove and process into an easy to use capsule form. Elk antler capsules contain 24 amino acids, a number of hormones, chonablasts, chondroitin, sulfate, glusomine sulfate, glycosaminoglycans and anti-inflammatory agents.Visit qeva.com for more information about the elk velvet antler products we carry.
Elk Antler History
For centuries red deer antler has been regarded throughout the world as nature’s perfect food. For more than 2000 years many cultures have used the elk antler to treat a wide variety of ailments. In traditional medicine in Korea, China and Japan elk antler has long been used to:
- Treat impotence in men
- Modulate the immune system
- Increase blood production in anemia
- Improve blood circulation
- Improve muscle strength and mental alertness
- Treat infertility in women
Elk Antler Benefits
The benefits of antler are numerous and well documented. Research has shown that antler nutritional supplements can:
- Reduce inflammation
- Influence body metabolism
- Support immune function
- Increase healing of damaged tissue
- Improve blood, liver and kidney function
It has also been used to increase fertility in both men and women. Increasing evidence confirms that elk antler can benefit animals including dogs and horses, with conditions such as osteoarthritis, musculoskeletal problems and senility.
Today, we produce the same type of Elk Antler doctors have been using in Asia and Europe for over 2000 years in a simple tablet form. You can use it for:
- Energy – increases your energy and muscle strength reduces lethargy
- Anti-Aging – maintain physical and mental function
- Arthritis – relieves symptoms. Support and restores joint structure and function.
- Women’s Health – reduce effects of PMS and menopause
- Migraine – reduces frequency and severity of headaches
- Stress Management – reduces stress and anxiety
- Eczema – reduces itch and rashes due to eczema and other skin conditions
- Strength Training – body builders will try anything. This stuff works!
Elk Antler Supplements for Pets
Over the last three or four years, we have heard and recieved testimonies of people who have given elk antler supplements to their dogs or cats, particularly for the treatment of osteoarthritis and senility. Through their testimonies as well as our own personal experience, we have come to believe in the value of elk antler for drastically improving the quality of life for dogs and cats by helping to relieve symptoms of stiffness, lameness, and lethargy. Recently, these views have been confirmed by one scientific study: Dr. M. Moreau and his colleagues in the Department of Clinical Sciences at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Montreal, Quebec, have conducted studies evaluating the value of elk antler in the treatment of osteoarthritis in dogs. In this study, forty-five dogs with confirmed osteoarthritis were treated with elk antler and evaluated both objectively and subjectively in a double-blinded, placebo-controlled study. The results of this study confirmed significant improvements in gait, muscle mass and energy regain, and many other general actvities associated with the everyday activities of dogs. Dr. M. Moreau’s study, then, is in line with our own findings – that elk antler is an effective treatment for osteoarthritis in dogs.