Deer Lodge and Buffalo Mountain Lodge are both bike friendly lodges. We offer options for storing your bikes during your stay, and have excellent biking trails nearby – some leave right from the property!
Ask our front desk about bike storage options
and recommendations on nearby trails.
- Bikepirate.com is an excellent resource for researching bike trails in the Canadian Rockies
- Parks Canada’s website is a great resource to begin planning your biking adventures!
- Download and print this handy cycling guide from Parks Canada
There are countless mountain bike trails and several road riding options in Banff and Lake Louise. Biking is an excellent way to explore this very special place. Trails range from easy to difficult and the biking season typically extends from May to October.Buffalo Mountain Lodge is excited to offer two complimentary bikes on property for guests to use during their stay! Please feel free to borrow these mountain bikes to explore the nearby trails, many of which leave right from the property! Mountain biking is a wonderful way to experience our gorgeous Rocky Mountains.
- For more information about bike rentals, visit www.ultimatebanff.com
- For detailed bike trails info, pics and descriptions, visit www.bikepirate.com
- To find the best biking trails in the area, and to check the condition of those trails, visit www.pc.gc.ca/banff
- Visit the Bow Valley Mountain Bike Alliance for more info on bike trails and safety – www.bvmba.org
- Information about biking in Yoho National Park
- Looking for a fun app for your mobile phone that will help you keep track of your runs or biking? Try Runtastic!